Recording Available - Gap Analysis of Leishmaniasis Detection, Prevention, and Response - Lessons Learned for Vector-Borne Diseases
This Webinar was presented by CORE Group and CORDS (Connecting Organizations for Regional Disease Surveillance).
Details Location Presenters
Thursday, June 2nd, 2016; 10:00am-11:00am Eastern Adobe Connect
- Opening Remarks from Professor Nigel Lightfoot, CBE Executive Director; Connecting Organizations for Regional Disease Surveillance (CORDS); London, United Kingdom
- Dr. Byron Arana, Head of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi); Geneva, Switzerland
- Dr. Silvia Bino, Associate Professor of Infectious Diseases, Head, Control of Infectious Diseases Department; Institute of Public Health, Southeast European Centre for Surveillance and Control of Infectious Diseases (SECID), South Eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN)
- Dr. James Crilly, Technical Advisor, Leishmaniasis Gap Analysis Project Coordinator; Southeast European Centre for Surveillance and Control of Infectious Diseases (SECID); South Eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN)
- Dr. Khalil Kanani, Head of Parasitic and Zoonotic Diseases Division, Ministry of Health, Amman, Jordan; Middle East Consortium on Infectious Disease Surveillance (MECIDS)
- Dr. Syed M. Mursalin, President/Executive Director, Pak One Health Alliance (POHA); Islamabad, Pakistan
If you missed our webinar on June 2nd, you can view slides and listen to the presentation by clicking the button below.
Thank you to those who were able to join CORE Group and CORDS (Connecting Organizations for Regional Disease Surveillance) for the webinar presentation, Gap Analysis of Leishmaniasis Detection, Prevention & Response: Lessons Learned for Vector-Borne Diseases on June 2nd. On CORE Group’s website, you will find two Power Point Presentations: one that correlates with the webinar recording, and another which has extended country presentation from Albania, Jordan, and Pakistan.
You may also find additional information on the CORDS website and via our network and partner websites.
- SECID/SEEHN: https://www.secids.com/
- MECIDS: http://www.mecidsnetwork.org/
- POHA: http://pakonehealth.org/
Please contact Ashley Bersani at CORDS for any additional queries.
Frontline experts presented key findings and action recommendations on surveillance, diagnosis, and treatment of visceral and cutaneous leishmaniasis from the Leishmaniasis Gap Analysis Report and Action Plan facilitated by Connecting Organizations for Regional Surveillance (CORDS) with its partners and networks in Albania, Jordan, and Pakistan.
Lessons learned were used to catalyse discussions on current treatment and response challenges to Zika and other vector-borne diseases (VBDs).
For other future and all past CORE Group Webinars, visit our website!
Erin Murray | Manager of Network Operations | CORE Group 919 18th St. NW | Suite 350 | Washington, DC | 20006 Ph. (202) 380-3400, Ext. 10 | Fx. (202) 380-3399 email@example.com | www.coregroup.org Explore innovations from our Spring 2016 Global Health Practitioner Conference
Government & Stakeholders Commitments